October 27, 2014
If you're anything like us, we like to reward ourselves with a seriously delicious helping of our favourite sticky toffee pudding. Feel free to make your own twist on the recipe and add some alternative toppings.
Calories: 340 per serving
Ingredients 175g pitted dried dates 150ml maple syrup 1 tbsp vanilla extract 2 large eggs 85g self-raising flour Optional to serve 0% Greek yogurt Extra maple syrup Low-fat ice cream
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4 or if you have a fan oven 160C).
2. Place the dates and approximately 175ml of water into a pan and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Place this mixture into a food processor, adding 6 generous tablespoons of maple syrup (preferably Candian) with the vanilla extract too until smooth.
3. Place this mixture into a bowl, mixing in the egg yolks, before gentle adding the flour.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until it starts to become stiff and gradually adding in the other mixture.
5. We’re nearly there! Add 1 tablespoon of the sticky maple syrup into four pudding moulds, these are typically 200ml in size. Carefully add the mixture each mould, covering with foil tightly.
6. Place each mould into an ovenproof dish, pouring hot water halfway up the sides of the moulds.
7. Cook for 1 hour. You should smell the delicious aromas as it is cooking, it will make this cooking malarkey worth it! Test with a skewer, if it comes out clean you’re good to go.
8. Run a knife around the pudding to release it and place on plates. Serve with optional toppings.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Join over 100,000 happy customers who have transformed their health with Forza Supplements.