With Christmas fast approaching we're looking to celebrate with a healthy version of the traditional mince pies. With lashing of mincemeat and the snow like dusting of sugar, this mince pie recipe has been a hit for many of our customers.
Amount: Serves 30 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes | Ready in: 1 hour
- 220g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 16 tbsp mincemeat
- 1 tsp of icing sugar
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, allowing it to get to temperature ready for the mince pies.
- Lightly grease the cooking tray using the low calorie cooking spray.
- Time to make the pastry! Gently sift the flour and add a pinch of salt to a mixing bowl. Add the butter (that has been cut into pieces), using your fingertips to gently rub the mixture together. Add water (not too much or too little), enough to mixture into a ball . Leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and using a rolling pin, roll the pastry into a thin sheet on a floured surface to prevent sticking. Use a pastry cutter to divide the pastry into the required servings and line the tin.
- Equally divide the mincemeat onto the pastry. With the remaining pastry roll this out to produce the lids - try using a pastry star cutter or a circle cutter. Place the pastry on top of the mincemeat.
- Now bake for approximately 15 minutes until the pasty is a lightly golden colour. Allow to cool on a rack and sprinkle with the icing sugar.
For more delicious recipes that are low in calories and can be used as part of a calorie controlled diet, visit the recipe section of the FORZA blog.
Submit your own recipe to be featured on the website to email@example.com - every recipe featured will receive a £25 FORZA gift card.