December 02, 2014
With Christmas fast approaching we’re getting in the spirit by whipping up these tasty mince pie treats. Calories: 225 per pie
Ingredients: 225g butter, diced 350g plain flour 100g golden caster sugar 280g mincemeat 1 egg Icing sugar
1. If you have time and are keen to have some proper homemade mince pies pastry, rub the butter and flour together in a mixing bowl. Gradually add the caster sugar and a small pinch of salt, mixing and kneading for a short time.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C for fan assisted ovens. Using a two 12-holed tray, divide some of the dough mixture between 18 holes, these should be the size of a large grape. Spread the mixture to the coat the hole.
3. Spoon the mincemeat between each hole.
4. Time to make the pie lids! Using slightly smaller balls of pastry than before, gently flatten these in your palm to make round lids. After placing the lid on the pie, press the edges together.
5. Using the egg beat to a mixture and brush the pies.
6. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden. Once removed from the oven allow to cool and dust using the icing sugar.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Join over 100,000 happy customers who have transformed their health with Forza Supplements.