Today marks the biggest celebration of Caribbean food and drink. Caribbean Food Week launched in 2012 by Grace Foods to help raise awareness of the delicious cuisine all over the UK and the Forza team have been working extremely hard to bring you mouth-watering Caribbean recipes for you to make every day of the week. We are kicking things off with an easy to make Caribbean shrimp taco recipe that also tastes great and is perfect for when you have someone coming over! Why wouldn't you want to try this delicious Caribbean dish?
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 450g large raw shrimp - thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cayenne or chipotle
- 400g mango cabbage slaw
- Cuban style black beans (1-2 cans)
- 6-8 toasted corn & flour tortillas
- Pat the dry shrimp well and drizzle with 1-2 tsp of oil – just enough to lightly coat it all.
- Mix all the spices, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Toss the spices in with the shrimp, mixing well. Set aside and make 400g of mango cabbage slaw. If you are unsure how to make mango cabbage slaw, there is a recipe here.
- Grill the shrimp over a medium high heat just cooked and squeeze ½ a lime over.
- Serve with grilled or toasted tortillas and Cuban style black beans.
If you are looking to try an interesting new meal alongside your Shake it Slim shakes, this recipe is ideal to eat in the evening! Who knew losing weight could be so easy when you're eating extremely tasty and colourful Caribbean cuisine alongside your meal replacement shakes?