January 15, 2015
A tasty treat without feeling stodgy or guilty if you’re on a diet. Calories: 200g per muffin
Ingredients: 5tbsp rapeseed oil 230g self-raising flour 120g wholemeal flour 2 tsp baking powder ½ lemon zest 1 tsp lemon juice (preferably fresh) 85g golden caster sugar 50g light muscovado sugar 1 egg 230g blueberries 1 small ripe banana 285ml buttermilk
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C in preparation for the muffin mixture.
2. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin using 1 tsp of oil.
3. Combine both flours together, adding baking powder and lemon zest.
4. Keep 1 tbsp of caster sugar by, before adding the remainder with the muscovado sugar to the flour mixture.
5. Mash the banana into a paste.
6. In a separate bowl, beat the egg before adding the banana paste, buttermilk and remaining oil.
7. Gradually add the flour mix to combine the ingredients. Do this just enough to mix the ingredients, overdoing this will affect the end product.
8. Take a hand full of blueberries and mix these in, before adding in the remainder. Be careful to leave the blueberries intact, this makes the muffin extra juicy!
9. Gently spoon the muffin mixture into the tin holes, consider using muffin casings for distributing these.
10. Add these to the pre-heated oven, baking for approximately 20-25 minutes.
11. Using the lemon juice and caster sugar, mix these into a paste and brush over the hot muffins. This will crystallise and leave a tasty residue.
12. Leave to cool, then tuck in and enjoy your blueberry muffins!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Join over 100,000 happy customers who have transformed their health with Forza Supplements.