With the cold weather firmly with us, you might need some soothing and nourishing soup to keep the hunger at bay. Try this tasty chicken soup recipe...
Ingredients: 60g butter 2 onions, sliced 1 stick celery, finely chopped 2 carrots, diced 25g plain flour 450g cooked chicken, skinned & shredded 1 tbsp chopped parsley Seasoning – salt and ground black pepper
1. Start by gently melting the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onions, carrot and celery to fry gradually until they begin to soften.
3. Add the flour and stir, allowing to cook for several minutes. Include the chicken stock, bring to the boil and stir.
4. Taste and season accordingly. Reduce the heat so the mixture simmers for 10 minutes.
5. Add the chicken and heat through, before finally adding the parsley. Serve and enjoy!
This healthy recipe is a good source of protein, for those dieters on a protein based diet FORZA recommends LipoWhey - a high protein whey shake.